We are excited to walk you through the simple and effective process of using Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color for gray coverage. Our goal is to help you attain stunning and consistent results with every application. Before delving into the step-by-step instructions, let's go over some essential pre-application measures to ensure a seamless and beautiful outcome each time you color your hair.
- Perform a Skin Allergy Test: Your safety is our utmost priority. Before each application, always complete the 48-hour skin allergy test. This simple test helps ensure that you have no adverse reactions to the product.
- Read the Instructions: To begin, carefully read the instructions provided on the back label of the Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color For more detailed information, don't forget to pull up the tab located on the bottom right-hand side.
- Use Suitable Gloves: Protect your hands by wearing suitable gloves during the application process. If the gloves feel loose, use rubber bands to tighten them around your wrists for a secure fit.
- Protect Your Clothes: Cover your shoulders with a towel or cape, you don't mind getting stained. This will protect your clothes from any accidental color transfer.
- Clean Hair Is Essential: It's important to start with clean hair free from any product buildup. We recommend washing your hair before coloring for optimal results.
- Prevent Staining: To avoid staining on your skin, apply cold cream around your ears, hairline, and the nape of your neck. This acts as a barrier, making it easier to wipe off any color that may come into contact with your skin.
- Have a comb ready: Before starting the application process, make sure to have a comb on hand. This will come in handy during the application to help ensure an even distribution of the hair color throughout your hair.
Now that you're prepared, let's walk through the application process step by step:
- Start off with freshly shampooed towel-dried hair. Your hair should be damp but not dripping wet before you begin applying the hair color.
- Consider dividing your hair into four sections. Use hair clips to secure each section. This step is particularly beneficial if you have thick or long hair, as it allows you to work on one portion at a time, ensuring every strand is covered thoroughly.
- Now you can apply the Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color directly onto hair using the nozzle to help direct the product. If you have gray hair, start the application at the area where the most gray hair is present.
- As you work the product into your hair using gloved hands, make sure to avoid rubbing it into the scalp. Focus on applying it evenly to the hair strands.
- Comb through your hair to ensure every strand is thoroughly covered and completely saturated with the color mixture.
The development process plays a crucial role in achieving the desired color intensity. Follow the appropriate instructions below based on hair type:
Natural Hair Development:
*Heat process is required to cover grays on natural hair (not relaxed or chemically treated hair).
- Place a plastic cap over your hair: Once you have applied the color, cover your hair with a plastic cap. This helps create a controlled environment for the color to develop evenly and effectively.
Use a hooded dryer to process: Use a hair dryer set to a medium heat level to process the color. This gentle heat helps to open the hair cuticles, allowing the color to penetrate deeply. Process the color for 20-30 minutes, so the heat is evenly distributed throughout your hair.
- Alternative to a hooded dryer is the following: hair dryer bonnet (hair dryer attachment), corded electric thermal heat cap or applying hand-held blow dryer directly to heavy gray areas.
- Allow your hair to cool: After the processing time is complete, let your hair cool for 5 minutes before rinsing. This cooling period helps to seal the color and lock it into your hair strands.
Relaxed Hair Development:
*Heat is not recommended for relaxed hair.
- Process at room temperature: Relaxed hair is more porous and can absorb color more effectively without additional heat. Avoid covering your hair with a plastic cap or using heat.
- Process for 25 minutes: Let the color develop for the recommended 25 minutes. This allows the color to penetrate the hair shaft and adhere properly, ensuring a vibrant result. Remember, adhering to the processing time is crucial to achieve the best.
- Check for even color distribution: While the color develops, you can take a moment to inspect the application and ensure that the color is evenly distributed throughout your hair. If you notice any areas with uneven color, you can gently comb through those sections to even out the color application.
- Rinse thoroughly: After the processing time is complete, rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water until the water runs clear.
- Skip shampooing: Do not shampoo your hair immediately after rinsing the color. Shampooing right after coloring can strip away the freshly deposited color molecules, leading to premature color fading. It's best to wait at least 24 to 48 hours before shampooing your hair after applying Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color. This waiting period allows the color to fully settle into the hair cuticles, ensuring longer lasting and vibrant results.
- Dry completely and style as usual: Color may transfer if hair is wet. Be sure to completely dry hair before it comes into contact with clothing or pillows.
Congratulations on successfully applying Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color! By following these application instructions, you can achieve beautiful results. Remember to read the instructions provided with the product, complete the skin allergy test, and take necessary precautions for a seamless coloring experience. To maintain the longevity of your stunning hair color, don't forget to use Bigen ColorShield Hair Care. Enjoy your vibrant, stunning hair color with Bigen!
Disclaimer: It's important to note that Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color (BSP) may not be suitable for everyone. If you're looking to lighten your hair, BSP may not be the right choice, as it is not designed for lightening hair. Additionally, the coverage provided by BSP may not be as strong or long-lasting as what you would achieve with permanent hair color.
For individuals with thick, healthy hair and low porosity, BSP may not be the most effective choice. In such cases, we recommend exploring other options, such as Bigen Easy Color for Women or Bigen Permanent Powder. These alternatives may better suit your specific hair type and needs.
Remember, individual results may vary, and it's essential to follow the specific instructions provided with the Bigen Semi-Permanent Hair Color. Proper application and adherence to the development times are vital to achieving beautiful and satisfactory results.